Saturday, April 11, 2009

We Are Home

Well, we made it home. We are major jet lagged. Flying West, makes for a seriously LONG day. Counting the layover in D.C. (which wasn't too long) we were in the Air and traveling for something like 18 hours. It's confusing crossing the time zones and running with the sun. I think it's harder when the day gets stretched out, like on the way back than the shortened day we experienced on the way over. Didn't seem too out of sync, going there. Seemed really weird coming home. I think I've slept something like 5 hours in the last 40 or so. I don't think I'll be doing much today. Mom crashed last night, but I couldn't seem to sleep. My body kept telling me it was daytime still like in Italy. I think I'll catch up to the difference tonight. We'll post some pictures when we get them sorted. (we took over 1700) Don't worry though we won't put them all here.

Regarding the earthquake, we were generally well away from it and really were kind of out of the loop news wise. Didn't watch TV because it was in Italian (and were usually too tired at the end of the day anyway), and so didn't really know what was going on, you guys probably heard about it before we did. When the initial quake hit, we were well north of it and didn't feel a thing. When we got to Rome for the last two and a half days, we were closer and felt some after shocks. They weren't too bad, but being on the 4th floor of a seven story building made it a bit nerve racking. Wasn't much we could do about it though. On the way out of the Rome airport, they stopped all activity at the airport for a minute as a moment of silence for the victims.

Well, more later.

No comments: