
So this is just WAY cooler in real life than in a picture. You walk through the gate and just gawk, then you raise your camera and take a picture (see the last photo in this group). I missed getting a picture of the Japanese group that came through the gate, they were excited!

Over the centuries, a lot of people have climbed these steps, notice the wear pattern on the stone steps as the tower turns and leans as you walk/turn around it.


Here we are at the top of the tower, on the rail at the very top.


3 comments:
I had no idea you guys were going on another trip. how could you manage to make yourself go inside the building when it's leaning like that? I would have been scared out of my mind...
Wow! What a fun trip! (and I'm really jealous BTW)! I love seeing the pics.
the interesting thing is that I have read that computer simulations are supposed to indicate that the tower should have fallen down already. Supposedly they have done a good job of stablizing it in recent years.
Post a Comment