
I had a list of things that I really wanted to see while in Italy. And I did get to see most of them. I mean you can't see EVERYTHING in one week. Little things like the museum where the statue of David is being closed on the one day you are there, things like that just happen. Going back to the Vatican THREE times before we got in to St. Peter's Basilica to see the Pieta for example.
I really wanted to see Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper", when we were in Rome, I asked our tour guide about it, and she explained that it was in Milan. We were in Milan our first day, but only long enough to get on the tour bus and drive away. In fact we did nothing IN Milan, and Milan is the largest city in Italy. So in Rome we visited the Pantheon and so I asked her another question, "Where's the Parthenon? I can't find it on any of my maps...." She pauses, then says, "In GREECE........"
In my minds eye I had them all hazily lumped together in Rome along with the Colosseum. I mean when she SAID it, it was like, "DUHHH!"
I really wanted to see Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper", when we were in Rome, I asked our tour guide about it, and she explained that it was in Milan. We were in Milan our first day, but only long enough to get on the tour bus and drive away. In fact we did nothing IN Milan, and Milan is the largest city in Italy. So in Rome we visited the Pantheon and so I asked her another question, "Where's the Parthenon? I can't find it on any of my maps...." She pauses, then says, "In GREECE........"
In my minds eye I had them all hazily lumped together in Rome along with the Colosseum. I mean when she SAID it, it was like, "DUHHH!"

No comments:
Post a Comment