Monday, February 04, 2008

The Girl with the Cow Coat

She has been wearing different coats, but today the cow coat came back. Still no buttons, but I was ready. I bought some diaper sized safety pins, and used a couple to act as buttons on her coat. She was on a roll today though, first, I'm doing reading with the whole group and I look up, and she is playing with a yoyo. I take it away and continue. Then she is playing with a ring.

Her's was green, the cheap ones. I said, "Is that a CTR ring? She said (according to Jere), "No, it's a Haz Lo Justo ring, I got it at church."

Uh huh.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

hehehe. what language is that?

Earl and Vickie said...

It's Spanish. Almost all of my kids are. The neighborhood has changed so much over the years, mostly Spanish and African American. I have no idea who is LDS any more. So it's kind of fun to find one once in awhile. The last Hispanic LDS girl that I knew of was killed in the crossfire of a gang shooting in the neighborhood. Fourth grader, she was trying to protect the younger kids.

Theresa said...

how sad. :(