When I first saw this, there was swelling on the very tip and you could tell it was real sensitive. It has spread a lot since then, moving back down the thumb, mostly on this side. The split on the tip is probably where the other kid accidently stepped on her thumb. I think she will lose the nail and it's probably going to get nastier looking before it gets better. She doesn't know what caused it, I think some kind of insect bite, or a weird infection.
Friday, February 29, 2008
The Thumb Day 4 or 5
When I first saw this, there was swelling on the very tip and you could tell it was real sensitive. It has spread a lot since then, moving back down the thumb, mostly on this side. The split on the tip is probably where the other kid accidently stepped on her thumb. I think she will lose the nail and it's probably going to get nastier looking before it gets better. She doesn't know what caused it, I think some kind of insect bite, or a weird infection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
oh man. that is sooo sad. :(
her nail is going to fall off soon if they don't get her to a doctor. I'm so sad for her.
They have taken her to the doctor, right?
That looks so BAD ---infection can turn so serious, is she going to lose her thumb? I am worried for her.
sure hope it wasn't a brown recluse.. I'm sure it wasn't but that is what it looks like after a little while (but it would probably be a lot worse).
She's not here today, so that has me a bit worried.....
:( poor girl,... she will be ok,... if her parents are at least noticing it now she should be able to be taken care of. Hopefully the damage isn't beyond help yet.
Post a Comment