Monday, February 18, 2008

Cleaning The Garage

Anyone who has been here, knows that the garage is bursting at the seams. We've never had much luck eliminating the mess. If I don't want to keep it, Vickie does. Visa-versa. Well today we did make some headway. At least I have a clay work area again and you can almost walk down the middle.

While we worked, we hauled a bunch of the stuff out onto the driveway to organize and sort. This lady and four kids are coming back from the park. As she walks by she stops, and starts digging through the stuff. I knew emmediately what she was thinking, I said, "I'm sorry, it's not a yard sale, we are just doing some cleaning and sorting."

She was a little embarrassed.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

hahaha... I can't understand the craze with garage sales. I really don't want other people's stuff. If I'm going to get something second hand though cause I can't afford it full price,.. I'd ask around friends to see if they were getting rid of what I needed first. This whole walking past the garage sale and being unable to resist the urge to look thing is unfathomable to me,..

Jacob said...

Earl I found your post very fitting. While staying at your house last weekend I wnet to find the trash can for a diaper and as always I looked in the garage first .... boy was I shocked when I opened the garage door not to find a garage but a storage unit. On the bright side you are saving some real coin and enjoying the convenience of having your stuff close by and organized.

Earl and Vickie said...

Well, sort of organized. And the climate isn't too bad on cars outside.....

We were really glad you found the garbage can with that diaper....... We did miss that can the first time the garbage men came, so it had a real good chance to "ripen".