Today as I was dismissing my kindergarten students. I saw an older but familiar looking teenager walking towards me. She got all excited and ran up shouting my name and gave me a hug. She's graduating from High School this spring with honors and I taught her in First grade. So we visited for a bit. I did have to tell her her that my team teaching partner, her other first grade teacher, had passed away. Then she looked up and saw Mr. Yusko, the music teacher in the hall. She said, "Is that Mr. Yusko? Oh, I think I'm going to cry!" and she ran off to visit with him.
It's great to see it when they turn out good.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Next year from my first year of teaching the students will graduate from highschool. I hope I made a postive impact on them just like you have with your students. I doubt I will see any of them since I moved schools. But yes it is good when you see that they turned out well.
Post a Comment