Friday, May 04, 2007

My Mom Says I Can't Play With Boys............

The little free spirit who took herself to the nurse the other day, got herself in trouble again. I was picking my class up from lunch recess when one of the aides came up and told me that he had to go down to the boys bathroom and get her out of it.

Now I could SEE her poking her head into the boys bathroom just for maybe a peek or something, SOME curiosity is healthy after all. But a boy had to go from the bathroom all the way to the kinder playground, tell the aide, and the aide had to walk all the way back down the hall to the bathroom and he STILL had to go inside to get her out. She had to have been in there for awhile.

No explanation.

Too many things wrong with this picture. And too many things that could go wrong. I wouldn't trust some of the kindergarten boys or her to not do a bit of playing doctor. And it wasn't just kindergarten boys, there could have been older boys in there as well.

So as soon as I dropped the rest of the class off at the Library I hauled her little posterior down to the office and wrote her up for the Assistant Principal. Later, when I was picking them up from Library, that's when she said, "Mr. Brunner, my mom says I'm not allowed to play with boys anymore."

DUHHH!

3 comments:

N8ster said...

Long week, eh?

Earl and Vickie said...

Probably no worse than normal, I was just in a writing mood I guess.
Little long maybe due to having an empty house.

Jeremy B said...

Last week we had a 2nd grade girl talk a 2nd grade boy into urinating on the playground so she could watch. This is the daughter of the mother who showed up to school after Valentine's day with a huge hickey on her neck (and no, she's not married). -Jeremy