So we have been working on repeating patterns in class.
Stuff like this:
*#*#*#*# and ?**?**?**?** and ! ? * ! ? * ! ? *, on their papers these patterns can be represented by shapes, objects, colors etc.
The last few days we have been relating (converting) the patterns to
the ABCs. The first one would translate to ABABABAB, the second one to ABBABBABB and the third one to ABCABCABC. This conversion is hard for them to see. One of my bright kids had a meltdown with it today, she was so frustrated, it was almost funny except she was so stressed out. (at least she was smart enough to understand that she didn't understand).
So some of the kids had stripe patterns on their clothes today so I was having some of them stand up and I was showing them the patterns and how they repeated. I them talked about how patterns where everywhere.
One of the kids raised their hand and asked, "EVEN AT WALMART?"
After I got done choking, I said, "Yes, even at Walmart"
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
At first glance I thought you were editing out obscenities:
!?*!?*!?* school.
?#?#?#?# Walmart!
@#$@#$ walmart has inundated the planet! Even the kids have been brainwashed.
Betsy, that's a nice repeating pattern you have going there!!!! It's an ABC pattern by the way.....
Post a Comment