Friday, October 24, 2008

Two Months Ago

Right around the time school started (about two months ago), and it might be stress related, I started to have some bad pain in my upper left back, where the nerves come out of the spinal column and go down my left arm. It was so bad that I couldn't sleep very good. I couldn't find a position that didn't hurt. If I did find one it would only work for a little while and then I would have to find another position. After a couple of weeks, I went to my chiropractor, and I went to him for about three weeks. It didn't do any good, and by this time, I had pain, weakness and numbness down my left arm.

For the last three weeks I've been going to a pain management doctor and am on medications that have relieved most of the pain and allow me to sleep at night. I have had some cortisone shots into the areas where the nerves are irritated and they are going to do it again in a couple of weeks. After that we will see how it goes.

It's the pits getting old....................

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Sad,.. I hope you feel better soon and they figure something out that will work.

Kerstin said...

I am sorry. That sounds bad. I am glad you are feeling bette and I hope you continue to feel better.

Barb said...

Love you Earl & Vickie. = )

The Watts said...

Do they know what is causing it, or is it from the arthritis?

Earl and Vickie said...

Repeatedly jumping off of the roof on Elm Street as a child......

Theresa said...

I guess I'm going to be in trouble when my body gets older if our childhood playing comes back to haunt us.