

Next month, the guild will install new officers and for the first time in 8 years, there will be significant changes in the officers of the guild. Most of the officers for the last 8 years have kind of rotated through the positions; mainly because we were the most active members of the guild. This year, most of the officers will be new. It's kind of time for a change.

9 comments:
That looks pretty neat. I take it that you donate bowls and people buy them right?
Yeah, an Empty Bowl event usually has soup included in the cost of the bowl and you keep the bowl. All of the bowls are donated by the potters and we sold them for $12.00 with additional bowls (without soup) sold for $10.00 I've told them for a couple of years now that we need to raise the initial price of the bowls to something like $15.00. But they aren't good at listening. We might sell less bowls (but I doubt it) and we would make more money with fewer bowls. Everyone does understand that it is for charity. A $10.00 handmade bowl is ridiculous.
In the middle picture, in the middle of the picture, there are two white bowls with blue banding, those are two of mine.
Yipee. I love looking at pottery designs. I was always sad that I never mad you teach me. :) we were both too busy I guess.
So earl are trying out for capatain of the guild?
Been Prez twice, currently the Treasurer. Looking to maybe be the Empty Bowls Chair next year. Who knows? The lady who has been doing it is tired of doing it.
That is a pretty cool idea for charity. It all makes sense now. : )
So what bowl did you buy? I always loved to see the bowls you made for this event and the bowl(s) you brought home.
My heart was happy to see all of this stuff... I am ready to take a class and wonder if you know of the one during the day at Henderson Multi-gen center is good...Ever hear about it before? I would love to go next year!
Post a Comment