Tuesday, January 01, 2008

If Big is good, BIGGER is better.......

So, Look HERE.........


Well, after several days the arms race has accelerated. Here is the latest version of the ball launcher (golf balls since they pretty much have an unlimited supply). Notice the new enlarged compressed air chamber. For all the technical details talk to Nate or Jake. (there are apparently LOTS of technical details) I mean they are REALLY into this, running formulas on the computer, testing hypothesises, documenting with video, etc. Today while I was watching, they were talking about these guys who are farther along on the learning curve. (apparently they are launching pumpkins)

Note the PSI.


Yesterday one of the launched projectiles came down in the wrong place, so today we drove over to a big open field. Note the audience, a group of skater dudes skating in a concrete drainage ditch.


Several of them did this after launch, proving that skaters aren't necessarily a dumb as one would think.........


Nate and Jake looking for one of the orange golf balls.


They gave up.

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

This looks like something that Jared would like to do. We always watch Myth Busters and I think being on that show would be Jared's dream job.

Jeremy B said...

Hey Dad, get your present?

Earl and Vickie said...

Nope, probably came today after we left. Nate showed us some of the page layouts on his computer. It's really cool and we are excited to get it.

Jacob said...

Sadly enough I cam home only to find that my home compressor only puts out 110 PSI ... it looks like I will be uprgrading in the coming months .... I have already found one compressor that will put out 200 PSI ... b but what I am really looking for is 250 ...that would be awesome!