Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Parent Conferences

I've done most of mine, still have about 4 left to do. They are always interesting. Often it's the first time I've had a chance to really talk with the kids parents. I've got this one cute little Hispanic girl, who's mom and dad came in. They brought her little sister who was maybe two and a half. Really cute, and precocious, she just up and started talking to me. Great big dark eyes.

We talked about their daughter in my class who pretty precocious too. Dad said, "Yeah, she's always getting in trouble at home and trying to blame it on the two and a half year old. " The other day he came home from work and she told him something bad had happened, but she wouldn't tell him what, until he promised not to be mad............

He couldn't find out WHAT she had done so finally, he told her he wouldn't get mad.... She broke his computer. You could tell he REALLY wanted to take back the not getting mad part.

He's in so much trouble when she gets older.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

hahahahaha,... very smart girl. It probably saved her from forever grounding.

Jeremy B said...

The one nice thing of having a baby this time of year is I will miss parent teacher conferences. My partner has to them all this year by herself. Robin