A while back I followed a link from Kristi's sister in law Randi's blog to a lady in Connecticut's blog, she's in the middle of raising 7 kids, 6 boys and a daughter. I like her writing about her family and their adventures. This one sentence I read today really kind of got me.
"No one ever told me that letting my children grow up would hurt."
Funny that.......
But she IS also funny:
"I came inside and got a pork loin roast into the crock pot following a recipe in a new cookbook I just got in the mail to review. But, on further inspection, like actually reading the recipe, I realized that I was missing some of the vital ingredients of the recipe. Like the oranges, onions, and dry mustard. I substituted in pineapples. Who knows how it will be. But, looking on the bright side at least I have dinner cooking already, so what if it is inedible. It’s not like most of the kids were going to eat it anyway*. Might as well give them a reason to reject it."
*(italics added)
hehe, that's how I sometimes feel when I'm trying to come up with something the grandkids will eat.....
And here, a really great post on picky eaters. I think she does a great job here of putting it all in perspective and identifying what's really important.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Another thing is that kids are all different. "This is what we are having for dinner--You don't have to like it, but you do have to eat it," is occasionally heard at our table. This has worked for us. Our kids will eat all kinds of things, and we try to expose them to different foods.
Food is one of the most wonderful things on earth.
I like her blogs,too. Sometimes she says exactly what I've been thinking... only better.
Post a Comment