I'm on track break and I have this list of things I want to do. Why aren't any of them getting done? Today it's the weather. Yeah, that's it...
Seriously it is WINDY and COLD out there. Well OK, maybe not COLD comparatively speaking, but for Vegas, trust me it's cold. I need to recycle all of the clay that became too dry out in the garage before I could make anything with it. OK, so it's been in the garage since 2002. Still, it dried out and got too stiff to use. I spent a whole day the other day chopping it up and immersing it in water. Now it's too wet. Naturally. I do have a plan though, I expected this. I have a claymixer and some powdered clay to add to it. But all of that involves digging the claymixer out from under all of the STUFF in the garage. But it's windy.......and cold.
STUFF....... we both know we have too much stuff out there, but we can't seem to get rid of any of it. We tried awhile back. We had good intentions. We spent maybe 45 minutes out there, succeeded in moving a bunch of stuff around, but NOTHING made it into the discard/trash/Deseret Industries piles. Nothing.
And moving it all around did not make any of it take up less space. It's always amazing to me when I drive down the street and people have their garage doors open. Some of them even park cars in theirs. None of them have STUFF in theirs like we do. Where do they keep the STUFF?
You guys park cars in YOURS. Admittedly Nate has a three car garage and can only get two in.... Bryan could park a car in his if the garage door wasn't broken (if he doesn't hurry and get it fixed though that might change). We NEVER from day one, had room out there. To be fair though, we sort of made a pact that nothing would come into the house proper unless it had a place. Better the garage than the house.
Friday, December 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Now Dad, I remember you used to make us read that children's book called, 'What to do when your Mom says, "Clean Your Room!"'
Your solution is simple:
1. Take everything out of the garage and create a pile in the driveway.
2. Go through the stuff in the driveway and put it into different piles: Donate, Toss, or Keep. You could even give some things (like books) to your children to sell for you on eBay or Half.com.
3. Donate everything in your Donate pile.
4. Throw away everything in the Toss pile and half of the things in the Keep pile--If you haven't used it in the last 5 years, you don't need it.
5. Throw away more things in the Keep pile.
6. Fill up one shelf in the garage with things you want to keep.
Nope, that wasn't me. That was your Mom. I have my fingers in my ears.... There is this show on TV where they do something like that. Participants generally don't like it.
You should watch that show a few times. The process is painful--like ripping off a bandaid--but the people are generally happy at the end of the show.
So when are you guys coming to do the remodel that goes with it?
y do you need a remodel? The difference between the show and what you're proposing is that someone else comes through and convinces you to throw the stuff away,.. I guess I shouldn't say convince,... they force you to because you agreed to the show,... but they give you a little bit of choice in the matter. Maybe you need a bigger house that has a basement where everything can get lost down there or something. Either throw it away,.. or put up the cash for more space to let it get lost in. :) I'm a hypocrit though. I have a lot of stuff that I've never removed from my parents house and I have no idea where it would go. oh well.
Post a Comment