Since I'm on track break, there's been a couple of times I've acted as babysitter for Bryan and Sariah over the last week or so. Sariah took Isabella to the dentist about a week ago and then today she had her own doctor's appointment. So today, I had them all. They are really well behaved.
But.
Shortly after Sariah, dropped them off, I said to myself, "Humm, where's Carrie?" Found her in the bathroom happily splashing away in the toilet....... Oh yes, now I remember..... So I closed some doors.
Then awhile later she is trucking by me happily and I detect a specific odor emanating from her direction. Yup, poopy. So I changed maybe the 9th diaper in my life. I know, I know, you people of the female gender have NO sympathy. I get it.
Got her all cleaned up, and shortly later, I'm thinking, "Did I do a good enough job cleaning her? 'Cause, I'm still smelling it." Check again, MORE, only this time it soon became apparent that my diaper skills were a bit rusty, and the diaper was a bit leaky. ( in the middle of this one, Malachi comes running into the bathroom, "I have to go potty." Now Malachi is just now starting to be pretty consistent in using the bathroom and he needs help and encouragement. But I'm busy, so it's, "Right, there's the toilet, help yourself.")
Hummm. Carrie got a bath and half her clothes went in the washing machine. I can honestly say that one of two things happened.
A. I got much better at adjusting the fit of diapers, or
B. she didn't have to go anymore............
Right after I got her dressed with the second diaper I'm cleaning up and I turn around and she's rolled about 20 feet off of the TP roll. I'm taking care of that and she's flushing the toilet. Such a busy little girl.
I don't know, why is it that you don't feel like you have enough hands when you are changing diapers? She wasn't squirming THAT much.
So I'm telling Sariah, she needs to leave me more diapers, and she said she left me three, and sure enough she had. I hadn't needed to breakout the secret stash.... I told her I used all of her wipes. She said there were more in the bathroom, I said yeah, but they were all dry. Then she asked if Malachi had gone to the bathroom. I said, "Maybe, I was a little busy at the time." Anyway, I don't think I can brag anymore that the number of diapers I've changed in my life are in single digits.......
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
If you want more practice, when you come . . .
I'm going to save this post and show your children when they are older.............
hahahaha,.....
Post a Comment