Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More Upstate New York


Farmer's Market in Rochester, NY. Uncle Roger is facing the first pole on the right. Uncle Roger usually gets there first thing in the morning and goes about every other week. We got there later and he commented that it was a whole different crowd. More ethnic groups, the selection wasn't as great, and some vendors were already packing up to leave. He thought the crowd was different as more people were looking for bargains near the end of the day.


Palmyra Temple


Sunday, we went to Niagara Falls, and in doing so, we crossed the border into Canada, as we entered Canada, they asked us a bunch of questions. Where were we from? Why were we coming into Canada? How long were we staying? Whose car was it? I said it was a rental, OH, Crap, I think I’m in trouble now, and he got all serious and asked me why? I said, I bet I wasn’t supposed to take the rental into Canada if I hadn’t made arrangements. The guy looked at me and said, “ Do I LOOK like I work for the car rental company?” I breathed much better when I had the car back on the American side of the border.


Sacred Grove
The Sacred Grove is pretty big, and they ask you to stay on the trails, if you want a quiet, meditative experience, either go really early in the morning or near the end of the day, or during the off pageant season.

No comments: