I've been teaching now for 18 years, and it's all been at the same school. We have one teacher at our school who is retiring this year who has been there, at the same school, for her whole career, something like 33 years. And she's younger than me.
I wasn't really planning on transferring, it just sort of happened. One of the second grade teachers was looking at the transfer papers and (it's transfer season until the end of the month) an I just glanced at the page as I was walking by, and the name of one of the principals kind of jumped out at me. I took a second look, (I never know any of the principals anymore) and she had some kindergarten openings. She worked at Lois Craig about 10 years ago when I was the Tech. So I noted the name of the school, and went down to the library and looked the location up on the map. It's a new school, (7 years old) a couple of blocks from the Prince and Stewart chapel where we used to go to church. Much closer to our house than my old school. Vickie said to give them a call. I did and ended up with an interview yesterday morning at 7:30. I ended up signing.
Now we just have to get Mom out of that school. With the gas prices, it would be nicer if we were both closer to home.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congrats Dad! Good luck Mom! Same pay I presume. It'll be interesting to see what kind of send off your school gives you.
Wow 18 years! I bet your school will be sad to lose you but I understand wanting to move to another school with the way that gas prices are.
Wow. Didn't see that coming.
wow adventure! I bet your old school will really miss you. :) change is good though.
Post a Comment