Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So, WHO"S the teacher here................really....

First off, it's not really a question. At least I know the answer. But apparently to this one little kid in my class, it's still a debate. He interrupts constantly. Does the ALL BOY thing with the sound affects and such. He really hasn't grasped that whole indoor voice, outdoor voice thing.

He doesn't like to do seat work. which doesn't take the WHOLE morning but does take SOME of the morning. Well, it doesn't normally take the whole morning for the rest of the class. Yesterday they had one paper where they had to put six letters on one side, the beginning letters for each picture. and then the other side had a bunch of upper and lower case S,T and R's to practice. It's not like there were a million of them or anything, they were in 128 size font. In two and a half hours he managed to get THREE letters traced. And I bugged him repeatedly. So, he got no computers, no recess and finally got sent to the office.

At the end of the day, when mom picked him up, I told her that he had been sent to the office. She took him away, and pretty soon came back with dad. I explained to dad the situation and he looked at the kid and said, "OK, that won't happen again." Funny, little guy didn't look so smug anymore....................

We'll see how it goes today.

1 comment:

Jeremy B said...

I sent a girl to the office today. She punched another kid in the chest.I saw her do it. He was apparently bothering her. She is a bully that lies, steals, hits, deceives. I was listening outside the office when the secretary was talking to her since the principal was out of the building. You should have heard her cry and lies she was telling. It will be a long year with her. WE have had problems with her since day 1. It is really hard when you have misbehaving students who don't have respect.

Robin