Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Going Batty

I was walking down the kindergarten hall at school and noticed this brown thing on the wall. A closer look revealed that it was a little bat. It was about golf ball size but oval shaped, scrunched into a crack in the wall. Nice furry brown body, with black leathery wings. Since he was at child height and (always) potentially rabid, We captured him and called animal control.


4 comments:

amy k said...

Ewwww!

bet[c] said...

Glad that you found it and not one of the kids. The only one I've found is that skeleton on my front porch.

N8ster said...

Bats are good--but I can see why having them at kindergartner height would be a problem.

I guess being a school, you were probably obligated to call animal control. I probably would have just relocated it.

Earl and Vickie said...

I worry when they are down at kid level like that in the middle of the day. Later, I thought of a reason it might have been down there. They are doing two things at school that might have disturbed it's habitat, if it actually lives at the school. Re-roofing the school and painting the outside of the school. So it might have been perfectly innocent, but with 750 kids around, we couldn't risk it.