So the painters basically work on the same hourly time frame that we do. Which means that they are painting while we are in school. They've done a pretty good job of working around the general flow. But the other day one crew was painting the walls right outside our classroom doors just at the beginning of school. They actually had to take the plastic off of the door so that we could go in. I did manage to get ALL of the kids into the room without any of them touching the wet paint. But it was a near thing.
Then they put plastic back over the door with us inside and did another coat. Which was really OK, until child A and child B decided they needed to use the bathroom.
Then when we went to PE, they had to keep their hands off of the blue poles holding up the awnings over the sidewalks. Which reminded us of a kid that Vickie used to teach.
Here's Vickie:
The School District was repainting the school, so there were "wet paint" signs taped next to the doors. I saw one boy walk up to the door, fingers outstretched, ready to leave a handprint in the blue paint. I yelled the kid's name, and said, "Think about it! You can go to or the office, or our "Fun Friday" activity. Do you want to be in BIG TROUBLE, or no trouble?" He answered, "I just want to be in a LITTLE trouble."
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know... sometimes I feel the same way!
The problem comes in the definition of "just a little trouble". In this case, the kid thought it was just a little, clearly Vickie had other ideas of just how much trouble he was going to be in.
Besides, they always give you this blank look as they head off to time out, "WHO me? what did I do?"
Post a Comment