Monday, January 18, 2010

Pizza


I got a new kiln shelf to use as a pizza stone in the oven. It makes great pizza. Preheat the oven to about 500 degrees with the stone in it, then put your pizza on the stone. They cook really fast and the crust is nice and crispy.
It helps to have a bakers "peel". I have this metal one and a wooden one. I like the wooden one for putting the pizza in and the metal one for taking the pizza out. It was a little tricky learning how much cornmeal and flour to use on the bottom so that the pizza would slide off of the peel onto the stone easily.

4 comments:

Robin B said...

YUM!!! That looks really good.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! Did it taste as good as it looks?

Earl and Vickie said...

oh yeah.

Alice said...

Your pizza looks great. Congratulations.