We had a bumper crop of pomegranates this year. We only have one bush, but it was loaded. That usually happens every other year since the way I tend to hack it back (it grows like a weed) tends to reduce the amount of fruit in the off years.

These are stacked three deep. Mostly half pint jars, with a few misc. jelly jars in the mix that were other sizes. There are some pint jars in the back. We got about 80 jars of jelly out of what we juiced. A little over 5 gallons of jelly. And we still have a bunch of pomegranates in the fridge for eating.

These are stacked three deep. Mostly half pint jars, with a few misc. jelly jars in the mix that were other sizes. There are some pint jars in the back. We got about 80 jars of jelly out of what we juiced. A little over 5 gallons of jelly. And we still have a bunch of pomegranates in the fridge for eating.
3 comments:
so how many of those are you sending to me and kerstin? :) j/k.
I'm SURE I saw some pomegranates in the background of a picture by the trampoline at your parent's house........
Recipe: 4 cups of juice (without sediment)
7 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 packets of Certo brand pectin
then just follow the recipe for grape jelly in the Certo package. Easy.
yes well. I ate the 8 pomegranates I got from my mom this year. They were yummy! :)
Post a Comment