
From the literature (website) about this grinder:
New Smaller Size.
In this shipping carton the kitchen mill weighs just 8 pounds. You
can easily pick it up with one hand. When not in use the flour pan inverts over the mill for compact easy storage. It's dimensions when stored are
10" by 8" x 6".
Virtually indestructible.
It is made of only the finest materials by quality craftsmen. The
housing and base are made of high impact Lexan. Pan capacity is
approximately 15 cups. The milling chamber is self cleaning and
permanently lubricated in a 1-3/4 peak horse power energy saving motor. this dependable design is thoroughly proven and tested by over 100,000 satisfied customers and 12 years of research and engineering refinements.
I can attest to a couple of the claims in the literature. One, you can pick it up and hold it in one hand. Which I was doing when I (or the mill) demonstrated a wonderful aspect of physics. I had just finished grinding some flour to make bread, and had disconnected the mill from the flour pan. Usually, as was the case this time, there is quite a bit of flour still attached to the underside of the mill. I usually use a rubber spatula to scrap this off into the flour pan. While holding the mill in my left hand, I reached for the spatula with my right. My left hand shifted slightly and inadvertently engaged the "ON" switch. The mill was still plugged in. I couldn't find any data on exactly what speed the motor cranks at, but it is very high speed. Think gyroscope. That thing FLEW out of my hand and slammed into the floor. Ripped the cord right out of the wall. Which brings me to another claim up there in the literature. Virtually indestructible.
Really. It seems OK. A small part of plastic broke off, but it should superglue right back on and is not critical for use in any case. Considering how hard and fast it flew out of my hand and impacted the floor, that's saying something.

5 comments:
28,000 rpm.
I'm surprised there wasn't a claim about how many fingers it could rip off in a minute. That seems like something I'd like to know.
We have had their older model for 10 years now and love it. It really does do a great job.
Yeah, this one is about that old. We've only just started to use it on a regular basis though.
Jere, It would be something that would interest the science teacher in you, I know. But it probably wouldn't sell a lot of grinders.....
Post a Comment