Friday, November 09, 2007

The Wascally Wabbit Returns

One of the first grade teachers who has some of my kindergarten "graduates" asked me the other day if some of my former students could come back and read to my class. I said, "Sure." So today the Wabbit returned. (if you've read my blog, you would know who she is) She is doing wonderfully in 1st grade and she did a great job reading to my current class. She read Anyway, she was doing a great job being the teacher, sitting there reading the book, (way more prime and proper than I EVER was) and she was maybe 3/4 of the way through the book and she got stuck on a word. She LOOKS at it, and then she said, "Mr. Brunner, you DIDN'T teach us THIS word...." with this look of , "How COULD you not....."

So I said, "Let me see, Oh, that's marshmallow... WHY would I have taught you that one?"

And she just gives me THE LOOK.

No comments: