Since I wasn't there last week to close out the year, I've been spending the last few days doing that. I've re-arranged the room some, and have been sorting and inventorying books and materials. Last year we were in the middle of the general schoolwide rehab and that's pretty much finished, so I'm looking forward to being able to stay in my one room all year and being able to be a little more organized. Also, I have now done a whole year with the new reading program so I don't have to do ALL of my plans from scratch this next year. I can just tweak last years plans and flesh them out a bit.
I am finding stuff that I haven't been able to locate for awhile. I found one sealed box left over from the move (back in January) which had a BUNCH of stuff in it that I have been looking for ( funny how so many important things could get stuck in ONE box, and then overlooked for so long). Since the kids are gone, that doesn't do much for THIS year, but it will help for next year.
It's kind of hard to shift mental gears from the end of this year with the six year old kids who are, for the most part, ready for First grade, to the babies that will be coming in a few weeks. It's not too bad for me, because I have about a month off to adjust. The other tracks ALL go out at the same time and those teachers 0n tracks 2, 3, and 4, only have a few days to shift their mental gears over AND their rooms.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment