Last week was the final week of the year for my class. I spent Mon-Thurs at the National Kindergarten Conference. I went in late Thursday for the awards assembly and the kids were happy to see me. The sub had done a really good job with them. But since I have missed NO days this year, it was their first experience of school with a sub. This guy usually does special ed, and he's good, so he survived (and the kids did too). He could tell me about ALL the problem kids (no surprise there). I have three that sit at desks alone because they don't do well in small groups at the tables. They wanted to sit with the other kids, (you know, maybe I can get this sub to let me....). So he let them TRY. The longest one lasted 2 hours.
Friday, they decided that we were going to have a party, ( I don't remember SAYING that we would do this, but I might have, I did plan on having a treat with them) so about half of them, brought food. Unfortunately, they ALL brought chips. So we did eat some chips, but I sent about half of it back home with them. We made ice cream sundaes with toppings and then we spent the rest of the day, cleaning out their cubbies, and getting all their stuff together to take home. It was half day, so they went home at 12:30. SOME of the parents remembered that and were there to pick them up.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow! you haven't missed any days of school?!? Way to go!
Post a Comment