Friday, October 07, 2005

Waggles

So I have this math game that the kids in my kindergarten class are doing right now. It's called "Waggles". Kids play in pairs, each with their own game board. The board has this long worm on it, and numbers 1-6, three times along the body of the worm. There is one die (singular for dice) and they have markers. They each take turns and whatever number they roll, they place a marker on, and they take turns until they cover all of the numbers. First one to cover the board wins. So this little kindergarten girl is shaking her die and getting ready to roll it and she shouts out, "Come on baby!! Momma needs a new pair of shoes!!!". I mean, where do they GET this stuff?

4 comments:

N8ster said...

Maybe next you could teach them to count cards.

Earl and Vickie said...

First they have to learn how to count. They ain't Toby.

And what's with this? This is the SECOND time I've almost had to type a dirty word in the word verification process to publish. I mean, I thought I was doing the word verification thingy to avoid words like that.

Betsy said...

goes to show that kids really are listening...now if they could listen on demand...

Jeremy B said...

What are the plans for when you guys come up for Hester's wedding? Do you know who all is coming and who would be staying with us. Anyone who wants to is welcome. The basement is finished so we have some extra room.