The phone rang, and when I answered it, this guy said he was from Visa and wanted to talk to Vickie. I gave the phone to her and told her NOT to give out any personal information. He wanted to talk about recent activity on her account, but wanted some personal information. We said no and hung up. We were congratulating ourselves on detecting a fraudulent caller.
Then I thought, maybe I should get on line and check her account. WHAM!!! $1000.00 (plus international transaction fees) in the last 24 hours ATM'd out of her checking account. So we called the credit union and reported the problem. In the mean time I transferred everything out of her account including the overdraft max. so they couldn't get any more.
How nice is that? Friday was payday, they did it on the weekend so that the credit union wouldn't be open. Credit union says they will re-imburse us. I also sent an e-mail out to my school staff suggesting they check their Silver State School Credit Union accounts.
Saturday, September 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
dude that's so scary. hopefully you get it all ironed out.
Post a Comment