
So this wasp nest has been growing for the better part of the summer up in the eves above the front of the garage. Its right at the top of the pitch of the roof. I have contemplated various scenarios for getting rid of them. All of which usually had a relatively high risk of personal injury. I mean who wants to climb a 20 foot ladder up and get close and personal with something like this? I mean, given the circumstances, what are the chances I would get back on the ground without pain? I thought up one scenario where I would hide in the truck, and shoot at the nest with a BB pistol we happen to have. When I told this one to Vickie her only comment was, "I guess it's a good thing you don't know the combination to the safe......" (you can probably guess where the BB gun is...) Anyway what you see here is AFTER the exterminator soaked the nest TWICE with Wasp-Be-Gone or what ever that stuff was. So the plan is tonight, after they all go to bed, I'm going to shoot them again with some spray stuff I bought JUST for them. It's supposed to be able to shoot that far. We shall see.........

3 comments:
That's pretty big. I'm surprised I haven't seen it before.
The other approach is to just wait it out, and take the nest down in the middle of winter. Could make a nice exhibit at the school library. . .
UPDATE: the nest is gone. I took it down this morning. I had to spray it on 4 different occaisions, and I'm still pretty sure I didn't kill them all, but there were none there when I took it down. Now to keep it from growing back........
Post a Comment