Friday, March 13, 2009

OK, the Challenge Is On, Anyone have anything worse than this in your fridge?


Nate, recognise the bottle behind it?

6 comments:

Jeremy B said...

So....
What flavor of ice cream are you planning on making? Chocolate Chip Cholera?

Betsy said...

It's probably still good to use. Open it and see. If it's not colored and clumpy, I'd probably still use it. I've done it before.

N8ster said...

By worse, do you mean "older" or "more risky?"

We recently got a new fridge, so all of the really interesting stuff, like the 2-year old lactose-free ricotta got chucked. We have since replaced these interesting items, but they have just begun their journey towards expiration.

However . . . we have a bottle of fish sauce in the fridge with an expiry of 12/23/2005. We still use it. It is a big bottle, and we only use a couple tablespoons at a time.

And, yes, if the half-and-half passed the sniff test, we would probably still use it.

Earl and Vickie said...

We could have two categories....Older, and Risky
Condiments hardly count, they last for ever, right? I think of expiration dates as more of suggestions than something exact.... I routinely eat yogurt that's a month or more past it's expiration date. Well, I guess if I routinely ate the yogurt, it wouldn't GET that old in the first place, but you know what I mean.....

Kerstin said...

I found some cream cheese in my fridge yesterday with an expiration date of sometime in May 2008, yikes!

The Watts said...

I might win for the most out dated items found in my fridge, unfortuneately mine is an 18 month span of time and would still probably not be cleaned out if it were not for the return of my in-laws from their mission and thus I had to clean out the fridge, I think I found a few things out dated by a year, but at least 10 thing which had expiration dates on them.