Thursday, January 01, 2009

It took me two days.....

It took me two days, but I finally got the DVD player sorted out. It holds 400 DVD's and I keep them organized in Excel. But over the last year or so, things got shifted around to where we were having a hard time finding things in the player. It was also FULL, so I took everything out, weeded the stuff we don't really want anymore, alphabetized it all again and then put them all back in. We trimmed maybe 150 or so out, so that's good. We took some sets out, and will keep them on the shelf since they don't get used that much anyway. And the lame ones are going away.

6 comments:

Jeremy B said...

I always thought that was a huge flaw with your player that it couldn't determine the name of the DVD automatically. My computer knows what DVD I put in it so I know it can be done.
Of course, having all your movies in an Excel spreadsheet isn't as useful as printing off the list of movies and keeping it with the player...
;)

Earl and Vickie said...

Done that......

It will recognize SOME movies, just not all have the right tags apparently. Of course since I alphabetized them, (knowing of course that anything added after the fact will NOT be)naturally I found the Rudolph Christmas movie AFTER the fact. It is the first non alphabetized one!

Theresa said...

phew. glad that's over. never been very interested in a huge dvd capacity holder I guess.

N8ster said...

Did you put Tremors first, at the top of the list? It seems like that one hold a non-alphabetized position as well.

Earl and Vickie said...

Hummm, Tremors starts with "T", alphabet starts with "A"..... As special as all four episodes of Tremors ARE, ummm, NO. And we even in the name of creating space deleted the quintessential Sandra Bullock movie.

Earl and Vickie said...

Unless Bryan rescued it.......