http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32330676/
We went out last night behind Frenchman's Mountain (Sunrise)to get away from the ambient light of the city to watch the shower.
We're going to quit doing this, it never works. We sat out there and enjoyed ourselves, looking at the stars, the clouds, the airliners, the satellites, lightening off to the southeast. We were just waiting for the shower to begin, and waiting, and waiting.... and we saw ONE meteor streak. Come on, that is NOT a shower. ONE.
It was a pleasant little outing though, and I do like looking at the night sky. I see God in the night sky, in the Universe. It goes back to when I was a little boy, and this is really dating me... before, TV. Well, before my grandparents HAD TV. At night, in Newberry Springs, we would sit out in chairs and just look at the heavens. At the time, there was little light pollution from anywhere, and we were WAY out in the desert. I was a little boy, and the Universe was BIG, and I could see it. The stars looked like they were right there, you could almost reach up and touch them...... anyway, we're sitting there in our camp chairs, next to the Explorer, and I couldn't help thinking of Men in Black, where the space ship crashes into the guys truck. I moved my chair.
But nothing happened. Come on, I wanted a new car.
A chunk of meteor that you actually saw come down would be great! It's worth an old Explorer.......
And Vickie says to say, "Yes, he really did move his chair...."
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
hahaha. you crack me up. :) did you try the cash for clunkers deal? or is your car not old enough to apply.
The Explorer is old, and not worth much, however, it doesn't have a monthly payment. I'm not sure I could get an suv on the clunker program. But then, I could be wrong...
What time were you out? I thought meteor showers were at there prime at like three in the morning. I thought about setting my alarm here to see if I could see the shower, but sleep won over the possibility of seeing it.
(I totally agree about seeing God in the night sky)
Post a Comment