Monday, May 26, 2008

The weather this past week

This was Friday evening on the way home from school (for the second time). I left my laptop at school accidentally on Friday, and since we wouldn't be back until Tuesday, had to go back and get it. I actually got to this vantage point the first time, and the view of Red Rock across the valley was outstanding, with light breaking through the clouds, so I reached for my camera, and realized it was still at school (with the laptop). So the lighting had changed by the time I got back but was still interesting. Monday, a week ago, it was 108 degrees out, then the front blew in and we finished out Thursday and Friday in the mid 60's. Weird weather, but it worked out nice because we had Field Day at school on Thursday, and Career Day on Friday. So the kids spent time out side but didn't get cooked or burned. Mom, who hasn't done field Day in living memory, took a few days off.

7 comments:

Earl and Vickie said...

Mom says she knows EXACTLY how long it's been, 23 years.

Jeremy B said...

We have field day this week, the last week of school, so teachers aren't allowed to take the day off. I wish I could. I don't really enjoy field day that much either.
Robin

Kerstin said...

I always HATED field day when I was in Elementary school because it was always so hot outside. I bet the cooler temps were a nice change for you. Out here the weather is all over the place, it will be warm and sunny one minute and the next it will be pouring rain. I also think that living out here has altered my idea of what hot is, it got into the 80's today and I was dying.

Jeremy B said...

I am looking at your shelfari. Looks like you have some fun books. I put one on our blog too.
Robin

Earl and Vickie said...

I got my Shelfari from your blog...

i said...

Wasn't it wonderful!!!!?

kristi r said...

hey. I'm tired of the weather, anything new going on there? (not very often I post more that you . . .)