And that would be because it was the morning from H E double toothpicks.
About a half hour into our literacy morning, with all the children gathered around on the carpet, one of the kids jumped up and said, "Mr. Brunner, I'm going to throw up." Then proceeded to spew all over the floor (carpet) and one of the other kids. Now, I don't have a good working relationship with vomitous material.......... I sent her to the nurse, called the office for a biohazard cleanup and tried to clean the other kid up. Then I just about contributed to the mess when I tried to sprinkle the absorbent material on it and I got a good wiff..........
Forty-five minutes later, when the custodian hadn't shown up yet, I found out that, "Well, Beverly is off campus right now...." Nobody bothered to tell me. In the mean time, TWO not one, but TWO kids managed to WALK through the mess on the floor and track it around. I mean, they have been in the room the WHOLE time, they SAW, HEARD and SMELLED the original event, they SAW me put the absorbent stuff on the mess. Later the people next door, (including the asst. principal) wanted to know why I was YELLING!!!!!!!
I have TOLD them and TOLD them that when they think they are going to throw up, to go to the garbage can. They do NOT need permission.
I am SO ready for track break......................................................................
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
yeah, when i was in fourth grade we had a rule that if you needed to go to the bathroom you wrote your name on the chalkboard then you could go. If you were sick you could by-pass the chalkboard and just go. . . I threw up on the chalkboard.
Did I tell you about the preschool at the school I used to work at? One kid had a diarrhea accident everywhere and the teacher threw up trying to deal with it. So glad I'm not a custodian.
LOL!!! I never heard that one Kristi!
Yeah, there was a time when I was a custodian at BYU. Some poor lady had a major blowout in the lady's restroom, The place was in such a mess I can't imagine how she got home, or what shape whe might have been in.... I used a hose and the floor drain to do the initial cleanup, before disinffecting..... It was bad.
The custodian was out of the building this year when a kid threw up and I had to clean up the mess myself.
In junior high I at least made it out the door before upchucking in the hall. I didn't tell the nurse I had puked when I got to the office though.
Those are pretty funny and sad at the same time. Hey Earl, remember that video I posted about and it was gone before you could see it? I found it again. Here is the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryCTIigaloQ
I hope it works now! If not, go to youtube.com and search under Dick Hoyt. It's part 1. :)
Post a Comment